This is a guest post by Patrick Panuncillon. He is an entrepreneur who loves nurturing young minds and molding them into becoming effective leaders in their chosen fields.
Guest blogging is already an all-too-familiar terminology in the digital society whose benefits help to launch many startups to success. However, as Google continues to grow and develop, this medium also needs to conform and keep up with the changes. If you’re looking for a new action plan for your business, reverse guest blogging might be the answer.
As Google goes toward a more well-formed approach which focuses more on the searching aspects other than keywords, the production of high quality and creative contents becomes more important than ever. And, this is where reverse guest blogging comes into the picture. As if brand management and link building aren’t tedious enough, marketing experts and practitioners are now adding reverse guest blogging to their marketing arsenals. Per contra, unlike the bothersome spin-offs of old ideas, this method is relevant to marketers who want to improve the visibility of their brand online.
How does reverse blogging work? If you are expecting a complicated process because reverse post blogging is a tactic that provides quality and credible editorial links, you’re in a surprise. All because this method is very simple. As what the name itself suggests, reverse guest blogging is the opposite of guest blogging. So, while guest blogging is a means of offering your contents to other sites to be posted, reverse blogging is a method of asking other sites to provide content for your site.
In short, reverse guest blogging is just:
- Accepting a guest post request from other sites.
- Receiving the guest post request of other website and following up with article publication request for you.
The Rich Advantages of Reverse Guest Blogging
The benefits of reverse post blogging don’t only stop at building a strong relationship between the brand and the blogger and creating a possibility for future strategies and partnership. The benefits that it can give to your business are endless, provided of course that it’s well-executed.
As a matter of fact, it is a great marketing maneuver for brands that don’t have bandwidth or resources to produce contents on a regular basis. Below are the significant advantages that it can provide to your brand and business.
- The owner gets the total wheel. Reverse guest blogging offers convenience to the owners as there’s no need to interact with all of the bloggers who only want to contribute an article in exchange for a link. The blog owner can choose writers that he or she wants.
- Less Workloads for the owner. Shaving off workloads is the greatest benefit of this medium. The owner’s tasks become minimal because, in reverse guest blogging, it’s the blogger who writes, produces and promotes the contents.
- Readers will consume something new. Readers like to hear and read fresh perspectives from someone else outside of your blog. As a bonus, these writers can produce contents about topics and niche that you’re not confident writing about before.
- Hardwearing partnerships. If you’re reaching out to a seasoned blogger, chances are they are not going to be a one-time writer for your blog. They’ll get to know you and your brand better, and you’ll get the chance to know them better which will lead to a strong corporate relationship.
- It generates backlinks. Of course, just like how other mediums or marketing work, reverse guest posting allows the guest or fans of the blogger or writer to link back to the contents of your site which creates backlinks. You make the readers happy. The readers generate backlinks for your site for more visibility. It’s a win-win situation.
The Structure of Reverse Guest Blogging
You’ve probably heard a lot of negative publicity about guest posting. It’s no longer viable. It is dead and the end of guest blogging era. To an extent, these claims are valid.
If you post spammy guest post pieces, use guest post exchange networks or use a guest post for link building only, then yes, you have a high probability of facing a penalty.
Notwithstanding, reverse guest blogging is a different case. As a matter of fact, this medium is not just a link building tool. It’s also an exposure tactic that will serve your brand well. The links that come along this exposure are just by-products.
Below are the breakdown parts of reverse guest blogging structure that you need to check-out to comprehend better how this strategy works.
- You obtain credible and quality articles from other websites.
- Put the articles that you get through an editorial process to omit crappy links, insert additional links to help users, add content into the article before publishing or revise the article if necessary.
- Post that refined article, then promote it to your email lists and social media channels.
- After you post an article, you can send other articles from different sites.
To make reverse guest posting works for your marketing campaigns, it’s important that you only insert relevant links in the articles, only if these links will genuinely help the readers. 9 out of the ten links that you will use should pass the editorial process and will remain in the article.
If you successfully do it, you will earn an authoritative and relevant content link. Congrats!
How To Make Reverse Guest Posting Work For You
The mechanism of reverse guest posting is maybe simple. However, there are some key points that you can apply to improve your success rate. Check out the details below:
Produce Guest Post Requests
You’ll see that number skyrocket in a considerable rate if you put some time in creating a well-written, optimized write for us page.
Most people searching in Google for guest post opportunities will type something like:
- Niche + write for us, Niche + submit article, Niche + guest post.
Optimize your pages for these types of searches. Below are the key points to use on putting your write for us page together:
Create Two Related Sites
From the standpoint of SEO, you need to have a minimum of two related sites to avoid immediate link swapping between site A and site B.
Each site should have a minimum of 10 well-formatted articles. This strategy yields two advantages for your site. It provides free content for one site and gives relevant links to the other one. It also helps streamline link building and cross promotion opportunities. As a result, you’re going to have two relevant sites over time.
Create a Pitch Template
The rule of thumb is to play around with ideas that work for you and your niche. But don’t forget to incorporate the basics.
First, have two reliable sites and do them a favor first by posting their articles. Then second, ask for a return favor. It’s just that simple. Some companies offer guest blogging services which you can employ if you’re not that confident with your guest blogging skills.
Make Your Site Link Worthy and Look Trustworthy
The obvious point here is to generate positive responses for guest post requests by making your site link worthy, reliable and more than just an affiliate site of Amazon or Ebay.
Below are practical tips to follow:
- Type of Domain – With regards to domain names, don’t build sites on PMDs and EMDs to avoid receiving data whenever there’s a change in the overall success rate of the site.
- Fresh Posts Feed – Make sure that your recent posts feed has a combination of articles, and not just your latest product review articles. Employ the most prolific writer in your team who can deliver a qualitative contents for you. You are probably aware that you need to have some original, how-to type or user-help articles nowadays, but making these articles visible to the person who you asked to take an article from you helps improve the success rate.
- Past Writing Samples – If you don’t have guest posts yet, the ability to produce a handful of quality articles on your site, especially if you have plenty of shares on social media platforms will render a significant benefit.
- Customized Homepage – This is the area where first impressions help. The majority of the themes permit a home page customization if you exhibit posts. You can choose to display a set page, a page that shows a feed of quality articles or a non-monetized home page since it works best.
- Email List or Social Media Presence – It will be a big help if you can offer to promote the article they post for you through your email list or social media audience if you have reasonable subscribers and followers.
Comprehend the Types of Guest Post Requests
When your site is ranking for particular guest post related keywords on private lists, you’ll discover that you acquire three kinds of outreach requests;
- SEO agencies are outreaching for clients. Typically the pitch comes from someone claiming that he or she is a freelancer working on his or her portfolio.
- Brands with in-house SEO teams who do outreach campaigns. There will be guest post requests coming from different eCommerce sites doing outreach for example.
- Regular individuals like bloggers and web owners whose doing guest blog outreach for their sites.
The strategy works best with regards to success rate if you use it interactively. People who do link building know the importance of guest posting or generating articles to be posted on their site and are happy to grant you an article on their site in return.
Reverse guest blogging is not just a silver bullet for link building that you can employ as a sole tactic for link building. It means that the more site you have, the better it will be for your business as you’ll have bigger opportunities for link building on wards. After you set up a stable system, you will yield quality content for your sites, get better exposure for your sites and build new connections in your niche.
He is a full-time entrepreneur who splits his time between managing his digital marketing firm, Link Vista Digital Inc. and studying web design, print advertising, and blogger outreach. On his downtime, he likes to write about SEO and just about anything within his interests and shares them with his readers and followers on social channels. You may connect with Patrick on Twitter or/and LinkedIn.